The first step into managing and planning your career is to become aware of your skills, interests and values.
The following resources will help you self-assess your strengths and preferences1.
- Be aware of the 21st century employability skills that are a must for graduates.
- eLene4WORK Self-Assessment Tool. Assess your soft/transferable skills to identify your strengths and areas for improvement.
- My Career Development online tool. Look back on your life line; then you can explore your strengths and weaknesses.
- Yale’s values, interest and skills workbook. Activities that will guide you through the self-assessment process.
- myIDP career planning tool. Exercises to help you examine your skills, interests and values.
1 Self-assessment is a valuable resource to start getting to know yourself better and exploring your career options, but as it can also be misleading, we recommend that you discuss the results of your self-assessment with a career practitioner.